If the child’s hearing problems are found, they should go to a hospital specialized in Otolaryngology for further examination. Pay attention to children’s hearing development to achieve early detection, early diagnosis and early treatment.
Due to the progress of science and technology, there are many kinds of modern instruments that can be used for children’s hearing test. A kind of otoacoustic emission screening instrument can be used for newborns, which is very convenient for examination. If it can pass, it can be temporarily judged that the hearing is normal.
Why to say “temporary”? Because some rare or delayed hearing impairment may not be shown immediately by screening method, and further examination is needed to observe the development of hearing in the future. If the screening can not pass, we must do a further examination, such as auditory behavioral response test, auditory conditioned reflex test and auditory brainstem response test according to the age of children.
When diagnosing, we should analyze all kinds of examination results synthetically, recheck the children with problems regularly, and observe the children’s hearing changes dynamically. We hope that all parents can pay attention to their children’s hearing development and keep in mind “three early”, that is, early detection, early diagnosis and early treatment, so as to prevent their children from losing their hearing innocently.
Jinghao hearing experts answer and suggest that you can protect your child’s hearing in the following simple ways:
● do not intentionally expose your baby to loud noise.
● pay attention to ear infections. Infants are more susceptible to otitis media infection than adults. If the ear infection is not treated in time, it will affect the hearing. Babies with infected ears often cry and pull their ears. Older children may complain of ear pain. If you suspect that your child has ear infection, you should go to the hospital in time for examination.
● if you have to take your children to concerts, sports events or other noisy activities, we suggest you provide your children with ear protection.
● please pay attention to the volume of TV, radio and audio.
● if your child has an iPod or MP3 player, you can explain to them that if they can’t hear others while playing music, it means that the volume is too loud.
● remove foreign objects from ears.
● do not pick ears with fingers, cotton sticks or swabs.
● test your child’s hearing regularly.
Link：Protecting children's hearing development
The article comes from the Internet. If there is any infringement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to delete it.