Can you wear someone else’s hearing aid?
The peers working in the hearing aid fitting center must have encountered such a question: Someone around me has a hearing aid, and I feel very confused when I wear it. Is it not suitable for wearing a hearing aid? The general fitter may explain this to the user: just like glasses, they should be fitted according to the degree. In fact, the choice of hearing aids is more complicated than the glasses, but it is true that the type of hearing loss is not necessarily the same for each person, and the degree of hearing loss is also different. Therefore, hearing aids need to be professionally matched according to the needs of each person. So, what are the fitting procedures for hearing aids?
一 Understanding of medical history to understand the current work-related obstacles caused by hearing impairment in hearing-impaired people (such as hearing inaudible), whether there are high blood pressure and other diseases that may affect hearing, whether there is a history of ear surgery, and the expectations of hearing-impaired people. Special needs.
two an examination
1. The otoscopy tester uses an electric otoscope to observe whether the external auditory canal of the hearing impaired is unobstructed, whether there is redness and swelling, and whether the tympanic membrane is intact, to prove whether it is suitable for wearing a hearing aid.
2. Hearing tests use hearing tests to understand hearing loss in hearing-impaired persons, including air conduction threshold, bone conduction threshold, and discomfort threshold. For adults and post-school children, the pure-tone audiometer is used to test the air conduction threshold, the bone conduction threshold and the discomfort threshold of the hearing-impaired person, and the loudness grading test is performed when necessary (high expectation, severe tinnitus, severe re-vibration, etc.); Preschool children,6Observing and listening with behavior within a month,7Month to2.5Years of age use visually enhanced audiometry,2.5Years old Preschool games are used to measure hearing. If you can’t cooperate with your child, you need to introduce to the hospital to do multi-frequency steady-state and auditory brainstem response tests to assess the hearing of the deaf children.
3. Explain to the hearing impaired and their families the main factors affecting the effect of hearing aids, such as the length of hearing loss, degree, nature, systemic diseases. three Medical contraindications for hearing aids are unstable, hearing loss often fluctuates; symptoms associated with significant headaches and dizziness; inflammation of the external auditory canal, middle ear effusion or frequent pus. The above situation should be treated first in the medical institution or after the condition is relieved, and then the hearing aid is selected.
1. Explain the use of hearing aids. The above situation allows hearing-impaired people to have a general understanding of hearing loss and their impact on life. This can be solved by matching appropriate hearing aids and introducing the main functions of hearing aids.
2. Hearing aid selection method According to the hearing loss condition of the hearing impaired person and the condition of the ear, several hearing aids with appropriate shape, suitable power and appropriate price are selected and then debugged. (With the hearing impaired, the audition can only be the back of the ear)3. Unless there are contraindications, it is recommended to choose a hearing aid for both ears.
五 After hearing and debugging, the hearing impaired person will listen to the hearing, the purpose is to understand the gain, maximum output, etc. required by the hearing impaired, and to let the hearing impaired experience the effect of the hearing aid.
六 Optional guidance for hearing impaired persons to choose among several pre-selected hearing aids based on the results of the assessment, their own hearing situation, economic situation, and the needs of living and working.
Seven Take the ear sample If the hearing impaired person chooses a custom machine or an ear-ear machine to wear the ear mold, you need to take the ear sample first. The ear mold allows the hearing aid to be worn comfortably, prevents squeaking and improves the acoustics of the hearing aid. Before taking the ear sample, it is necessary to confirm whether the auricle and the external auditory canal have factors affecting the preparation of the ear sample. If not, prepare the ear mold, the syringe, the cotton barrier, etc. to prepare the ear mold for the hearing impaired.
Eight The fitting adjusts the performance indicators of the hearing aid according to the hearing loss of the hearing impaired person to meet the hearing needs of the hearing impaired.
nine EvaluationWhen evaluating the effect of a hearing aid, it is best to have a sound field hearing aid and a real ear test, especially for deaf children. This further confirms whether the adjustment of the hearing aid is appropriate, in order to further improve the resolution of the hearing impaired person wearing the hearing aid. This includes assessments of hearing, hearing, and understanding.
Ten Use instructions to explain to the hearing aid wearer the normal use and routine maintenance of the hearing aid, including the installation and use of the hearing aid battery, moisture-proof and waterproof methods, and proper wear. Therefore, hearing-impaired people should choose hearing aids when they need them, but after professional fitting, don’t wear other people’s hearing aids.
The article comes from the Internet. If there is any infringement, please contact email@example.com to delete it.