What problems may be encountered after implantation of artificial cochlear implants?
Cochlear implants are performed under aseptic conditions using conventional otologic procedures. In the United States, almost all cochlear implants use mastoid–In the shadow worm approach, the electrodes are implanted into a round or gradation. Today’s cochlear implants strive to be minimally invasive, most of the surgery is in2Completed in hours(Part of the operation time will be reduced or increased depending on the surgical wound and the difficulty of surgery.)General anesthesia is required at the beginning of the operation. The risk of surgery is the same as other routine operations and requires hospitalization.5 ~ 7day.
Surgery is still as general otologic surgery, with the risk of anesthesia. The risks associated with other implants are listed below, and the chances of occurrence are not high.
1. Hearing loss or complete loss before surgery.
2. Complications caused by anesthesia or surgery, such as wound infections.
3. Post-operative risks, such as intrinsic lines are incompatible with individuals, do not know how long-term electrical stimulation, respiratory nerves, non-auditory current stimulation, such as eyelid agitation.
4. Psychological barriers caused by patients and their families’ unrealistic expectations of surgery.
5. Children with easy otitis media may have an opportunity to infect the inner ear.
6. The child’s head grows fastest in the first two years of life, and surgery before this period may result in the displacement of the cochlear implant.
After cochlear surgery, it usually starts about one month (partially depending on the recovery of the wound, the boot can be advanced), and the child usually takes one year to conduct the language training.
When adjusting the machine, the louder the sound, the more uncomfortable the listening sound is, and the progress is limited. The more sensitive the sound of the speech sound intensity is, the better the program map is stored and the debugging time is moderate. Domestically, the familiar time of the patient or the cochlear implant wearer after repeated adjustments is15 ~ 20Minutes, special circumstances are longer, usually need to go through5-6 After the adjustment, the program map can be stabilized, and speech rehabilitation can continue. In addition, the contralateral ear can be worn with the original hearing aid at the same time (must be debugged first), and continuous acoustic stimulation is beneficial to protect residual hearing and sound source localization. In foreign countries, in order to ensure that the children listen to the sound after the adjustment, they usually stay in the hearing center or nearby for about a week, first take the children to relax and then adjust the machine. After the first adjustment, the children will play. There are very few fine-tuning services that can be provided in China at present.
In the first few months of booting, it is more difficult to judge whether the child is listening to good or bad. For infants and young children, parents can observe their response to the sound, such as the sound of a loud volume or a special sound can be scared, crying or screaming to judge whether the sound is good or bad; or according to the behavior of the child’s changes to the surrounding environment, For example, when playing a game, it is found that the change will not frown or stop the game; whether to actively wear or observe the degree of cooperation of the child; whether the coil ear hook is off; whether the squeaking sound is increased; whether the concentration time is shortened or not. For children who are slightly older, they can use Lin’s six-tone test; describe the feelings of the sound to judge the quality of the child’s hearing.
After cochlear implantation, there are often no sounds, too small sounds, too much background noise or intermittent sounds. When this happens:
1) usually need to be rebooted;
2) Check if the volume or sensitivity adjustment is correct;
3Whether the mode is in the correct position, different cochlear implants have different working modes, such as soft sound, speech sound, magnetic induction coil and the like;
4Whether the battery is in poor contact, whether the battery is dead, whether the battery is used improperly or incorrectly used;
5If there are radio waves of similar frequency in daily life, there will be certain electromagnetic field interference;
6) the microphone is damaged or the wind control is blocked;
7) the wire or transmission coil is poorly connected or damaged;
8) The sound processor is damaged, and sometimes the child in the training center or bilateral surgery is also prevented from wearing the wrong sound processor.
The article comes from the Internet. If there is any infringement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to delete it.