Recently, I saw many people on the Internet asking: what should I do if I am not satisfied with the initial effect of wearing a hearing aid? For users and their families who choose to wear a hearing aid, they hope to have a satisfactory effect after wearing a hearing aid. This effect is usually compared with that of normal listening. Although we all understand this kind of mood, we should analyze it from the actual situation. Let’s discuss with you from several aspects:
< img SRC = "http://sky.hearingaid.cc/data/images/2019-10-21/fd5789685ee66ed1f7bb4bcbeed707e7. JPG" ALT = "cognitive hearing aid matching" >
1. Our ears are only responsible for receiving and transmitting sound. Finally, sound is transmitted to the auditory center of the brain in the form of electrical signals, which is used by the brain to distinguish and memorize.
2. The replacement speed of sound in the brain is the fastest. For example, when we went to other places, we couldn’t understand the local dialect at first. After a period of life, we may not speak, but many dialects we can understand. After we left for a while, those dialects were forgotten and could not be understood.
3. No matter how good a hearing aid is, it’s not the ear. What the ear can do, the hearing aid can’t do, let alone what the ear can’t do. Hearing aids can help us to amplify and compensate the sounds that we could not hear or could not hear well, so that we can hear them. But hearing aids don’t make us understand sounds we don’t understand. It’s the same as when people with normal hearing listen to dialects or foreign languages. I can hear everything. I can’t understand it.
4. Most hearing loss patients do not wear hearing aids in time. According to a survey report, on average, the users who wear hearing aids in China will be 7 years later than those who begin to lose hearing and need to wear hearing aids. That is to say, most users who use hearing aids for the first time will not start to wear them until they have a long time and serious hearing loss, rather than at the beginning of hearing loss. This kind of situation is very common, and this kind of situation also causes many users to be unable to hear or hear some sounds for a long time before wearing the hearing aid, or to say that all the sounds heard for a long time are tone changing and incomplete. As a result, the sounds in brain memory are variable and incomplete, and the ability to distinguish sounds, especially speech, is reduced. That is to say, even if the voice is loud enough, there are still some voices that cannot be heard or understood.
5. The brain’s ability to distinguish sound can be improved, but it will take time. As the brain’s ability to distinguish sounds declines, the improvement of resolution is gradual. It takes a long time for sound signal stimulation to find the forgotten sounds in the brain. It’s impossible to say that the resolution caused by years of hearing problems has decreased. It’s unrealistic to wear hearing aids and get better immediately.
To sum up, the hearing aid effect of users who wear hearing aids at the initial stage is closely related to their speech discrimination. The better the speech resolution is, the more obvious the effect of hearing aid is. The worse the speech resolution is, the less effective the initial wearing is. However, patience is needed. Practice and adapt the hearing aids according to the wearing methods taught by the fitting examiner. The more you listen, the better you can listen. We need to have a correct understanding of hearing aids, in order to use and play a more reasonable effect of hearing aids.
Jinghao hearing aid reminder: hearing aid wearing requires professional “matching”, so it is very important to choose a professional hearing aid matching center and a hearing aid tester! If you have any hearing problems, you can call Jinghao for consultation, or come to the matching center for experience. Hearing aid free consultation Tel.: + 86-18566295705
Link：Correct understanding of hearing aid matching
The article comes from the Internet. If there is any infringement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to delete it.