Compared with adults, children’s hearing organs are different in anatomy and physiology. The following problems should be paid attention to when wearing hearing aids:
(1) the auricle is small and soft, and the supporting force is poor. Therefore, the volume of hearing aid should be minimized on the premise of ensuring the sound gain.
(2) the ability of inner ear hair cells to withstand strong acoustic stimulation is poor, so the maximum acoustic output of hearing aids should be strictly limited, and it is better to use hearing aids with compression amplification circuit.
(3) the hearing sensitivity of children in this age group is low. When evaluating the effect of hearing aids, the standards of older children and adults cannot be used.
(4) children like to pull the hearing aid off. Spring clips, hats, headbands and other items help to ensure that children will not pull the hearing aid off. Audiologists can help you choose what’s right for your child.
(5) sometimes it is difficult to put the ear mold into the ear of children. Special lubricants and good skills may help.
(6) the acoustic hole of ear mold is small and easy to be blocked, so it should be cleaned frequently.
(7) the period of evaluating the effect of hearing aids should be short, at least once a month.
(8) all parts of the child’s body develop rapidly, and the frequency of ear mold replacement is faster. It needs to be replaced every 1-3 months.
Hearing aids, as the name suggests, help restore their hearing. When children wear hearing aids, they don’t expect to be able to hear the sound and understand all the words immediately, which requires an adaptive process. Precautions for children wearing hearing aids:
(1) cultivate children’s interest in wearing hearing aids: at the beginning, they will feel uncomfortable like wearing eyes and dentures. Some children cry and make noise as soon as they put on hearing aids, or use their hands to grasp them. Parents should try to shift their children’s attention or make demonstration actions for them to feel happy and comfortable after they put on hearing aids, and cultivate their children’s good habit of wearing hearing aids Accustomed to.
(2) first use in a quiet environment: when children wear hearing aids for the first time, do not go to the downtown or on the road, which will make children feel noisy and uncomfortable in their ears. First use them in a familiar and quiet environment, practice listening to familiar sounds, such as running water, door closing, telephone ringing, etc., and gradually wear them in a diversified sound environment, so as to train children to adapt to each other The ability to make sounds. (3) the initial wearing time should not be too long: when children first wear hearing aids, they often feel uncomfortable, which requires a process of adaptation. Generally, in about two weeks, the volume should not be turned too large at the beginning of wearing, and then gradually increase, gradually extend the wearing time. If children feel tired or uncomfortable, they need to take it down immediately, so after a period of adaptation and exercise, the children will Used to wear hearing aids.
(4) hearing language training for children with hearing aids: most hearing-impaired children have some difficulties in understanding other people’s speech and expressing their own wishes, and their pronunciation and speech are not clear, so it is very important to carry out hearing language training. First of all, let the children understand the language, train the children’s discrimination of various sounds, such as listening to the door opening sound, bell, TV, dog barking, etc., and let them feel the vibration of the sound while listening. Then develop the language ability, start with words, then phrases, simple sentences, and gradually train. In this process, we should also cultivate the habit of children’s oral speaking, so that children can grow up in a normal environment, which is conducive to children’s understanding and learning more languages.
(5) attention shall be paid to the maintenance of hearing aid: hearing aid is a miniaturized integrated circuit, and improper maintenance will affect its work and service life. Children are active and prone to perspiration, and sweat will be immersed in the movement. When using, rubber sleeve, thread sleeve, etc. can be used to cover the hearing aid, so as to prevent sweat from invading and make the hearing aid damp. Do not use microwave oven to dry the hearing aid after it is damp. Children should take off the hearing aid or ear mold when they sleep, because it is hard and easy to press and hurt the ear canal. If there is earwax outside the hearing aid, it can be cleaned with a dry cloth or small brush. Do not use detergent.
In addition, children’s hearing aids and batteries should be properly placed. When children’s hearing aids or batteries are not used, they should be kept out of the reach of children and pets. It is very dangerous to be chewed by children as toys, snacks, or swallowed and chewed by pets.
If you know more, you can do more for your children so that they can listen better
Link：What should children pay attention to when they wear hearing aids
The article comes from the Internet. If there is any infringement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to delete it.