< img SRC = "http://sky.hearingaid.cc/data/images/2019-10-21/984c4665aae29d99bd52e4d9f979dba4. JPG" ALT = "children don't want to wear hearing aids" >
Many deaf children refuse to wear hearing aids for several reasons:
(1) in the past, I seldom heard a voice, but suddenly felt it. I couldn’t figure out what was going on, and I was afraid. If the voice is too loud at the beginning, it will aggravate his fear;
(2) the earphone (or ear mold) is placed on the ear to make the child uncomfortable;
(3) other people do not wear hearing aids to make children feel special, which is not a good thing.
To solve these problems, you should start from the following aspects:
(1) the texture, size and smoothness of earplug (or ear mold) should be suitable for the actual situation of the child as much as possible. Too hard, too big or too rough are easy to be rejected by the child. In addition, when wearing it for the first time, don’t insert the earplug hard into the child’s ear. The action should be light, or he may be afraid of hearing aids in the future. In general, earmuffs are more acceptable to children than earplugs.
(2) a quiet room should be selected for the first hearing aid wearing, and the sound should not be too loud. Moreover, it’s better for children to listen to some bright voices, such as the sound of running water, the tick of clocks and watches, the soft music, etc. Never teach a child to talk as soon as he puts on his hearing aid. This often backfires. After a period of time, we should practice speaking one by one, and finally let the children wear hearing aids to the more complex sound environment.
(3) if the child does not wear the hearing aid, you can also use it step by step and gradually adapt. For example, let him put on the earplug (or ear mold); connect the lead after getting used to it; connect the body after a period of time; finally let him listen to the sound.
(4) in the process of children’s gradually getting used to it, adjust each knob according to children’s response to sound, and find the best position as soon as possible.
(5) when wearing the hearing aid for the first time, it should not be worn for too long every day, and the child will take it off if he / she is disgusted. But generally speaking, it should be worn a little longer every day than the day before. The first thing to wake up step by step is to wear hearing aids.
(6) it is not a good way to force children to wear hearing aids in any case. It should be avoided as much as possible. When a child is crying with a hearing aid, you can try to distract him, such as letting him play with a new toy. In fact, when children wear hearing aids for a long time, they can realize the benefits of hearing aids. At that time, he would cry if he was not allowed to wear it.
Jinghao hearing aid reminder: hearing aid wearing requires professional “matching”, so it is very important to choose a professional hearing aid matching center and a hearing aid tester! If you have any hearing problems, you can call Jinghao for consultation, or come to the matching center for experience. Hearing aid free consultation Tel.: + 86-18566295705
Link：What should children do if they don't want to wear hearing aids?
The article comes from the Internet. If there is any infringement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to delete it.