1. Psychological problems of hearing impaired people of different ages
1. The psychology of deaf children
Before the age of two or three, hearing-impaired children are innocent and carefree because they don’t know their physical defects. But when you grow up, you will easily leave a shadow in your heart because of the difficulties in communication, which will cause potential hidden dangers in your healthy psychological development, mainly manifested in:
(1) lack of the ability and opportunity to communicate with the environment leads to mental retardation; when they are with healthy children and see others talking, they cannot communicate with other children, they will have a strong sense of loneliness.
(2) it causes personality development disorder, which is manifested as behavior withdrawal, timidity, inferiority and loneliness.
(3) due to the influence of hearing and language barriers, there are obvious defects in the understanding and understanding of external things. People often observe other people’s expressions and actions by vision too much, which makes people feel abnormal or not sensitive. Over time, their self-esteem will be frustrated and their mood will be low.
(4) in fact, the imagination of deaf children is very rich, and their observation ability is very sharp. If they are not accepted by the environment, some of them will have feelings of indifference, retreat, inferiority, etc., which will cause their psychological obstacles, and show excessive dependence, stubbornness, willfulness, etc.
Many hearing-impaired children are very dependent on their parents. It can be seen that the common psychological and behavioral disorders of hearing-impaired children are silence, isolation, timidity, hyperactivity, willfulness, self-centered and so on. Some hearing-impaired children also have impulsive and aggressive behaviors.
2. Psychology of adults with hearing impairment
Hearing loss in one ear generally does not affect normal communication, but it will affect the location of sound source and conversation in noisy environment. Some adults with mild to moderate hearing loss may not realize that they have hearing impairment at the beginning. They often talk loudly, often ask to retell or watch TV too loud when communicating with others, and others suspect that they have hearing loss, so they are recommended to have a hearing test. When hearing test results confirm this doubt, hearing impaired people often have difficulty accepting the fact of hearing loss and denying it. He may have realized that he has communication difficulties, but he is reluctant to admit that hearing loss is related to aging and wearing hearing aids is a sign of aging. This kind of hearing impaired people show a sense of tension when they need to talk about important events. Over time, they may become depressed, grumpy and irritable.
People with severe hearing impairment will bring some restrictions to work, employment, marriage and so on, which will lead to different levels of psychological pressure. Some people with sensorineural hearing impairment often suffer from psychological loss, anxiety and depression because they go to seek medical treatment everywhere, spend a lot of money and have no obvious curative effect.
3. The psychology of the aged with hearing impairment
Old people with hearing impairment often suffer from the decline of speech comprehension ability due to hearing impairment. In addition, it is inconvenient to go out and reduce communication with their children at home, which makes them grumpy and prone to loneliness psychologically.
2. Some measures to eliminate psychological barriers
1. Cultivate a positive emotional state
Through social and family support and certain guidance measures, we should encourage people with hearing impairment to cultivate optimistic, confident, tenacious and self-esteem psychological state, develop residual hearing, and give full play to the potential of hearing organs.
2. Correct wrong cognitive activities and establish correct medical seeking behavior
Wrong cognition will distort the objective facts, prejudice and partial belief will interfere with and hinder the hearing rehabilitation. The methods of correction mainly rely on propaganda, including the introduction of the symptoms of deafness, hearing care, hearing aids and basic knowledge of hearing rehabilitation, to guide the correct help behavior of hearing impaired people.
3. Family support and care
Family members should first understand and accept this reality, correctly treat what has happened, do their best to help their relatives with hearing rehabilitation, and give more care and care in spirit and life. Family understanding and support is an important part of hearing rehabilitation for hearing impaired people.
4. Develop social welfare
We should give full consideration to the misfortunes and difficulties faced by people with hearing impairment. In terms of study, employment, work, love and marriage, we should make them all receive the care and support of the whole society, respect their personality and enjoy the treatment that ordinary people should enjoy.
Link：What psychological problems will hearing impairment bring?
The article comes from the Internet. If there is any infringement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to delete it.