Clinically, the symmetrical and progressive neurological deafness that begins to appear in old age is called presbycusis. A series of aging phenomena will appear in the human body with age. Presbycusis is caused by the aging of the auditory system. obstacle. According to audiology research, men’s hearing loss begins after about 45 years of age, while women’s hearing is a little later. With the extension of human life span and the increase in the elderly population, the incidence of deafness in the elderly also increases.
There are many factors that cause presbycusis. The first is internal factors, including genetic factors and systemic factors, emotional stress, chronic diseases such as hypertension, hyperlipidemia, coronary heart disease, diabetes, liver and kidney dysfunction, etc.; the second is external factors, such as noise environment, high-fat diet, smoking and alcoholism , The use of ototoxic drugs and chemical reagents, infection, etc., these factors will cause or aggravate the occurrence and development of presbycusis. How to detect deafness in the elderly in time?
The deafness of the elderly is different from that of the young. In fact, there are many aura symptoms:
1. It is used to turn your head to the side of the speaker while leaning forward, in order to be able to hear other people’s speech clearly.
2. He often misheard what others said.
3. I can hear the voice, but I can’t understand the content of other people’s speech. It is difficult to talk with others, and the elderly gradually reluctant to speak alone.
4. Frequently ask others to repeat what has just been said, and make ahhhh sounds from time to time, which is easy to cause misunderstanding by others.
5. The TV volume is often turned on too high, and it is not sensitive to high-frequency sounds such as doorbells, telephone ringing, and bird calls, and gradually decreases sensitivity to all sounds.
6. Some elderly people may experience recovery phenomena, that is, they cannot hear clearly when speaking in low voices, and are too noisy when speaking in loud voices. Their ability to judge the sound source is reduced, and sometimes they use vision to compensate, such as paying special attention when speaking with others. The other person’s face and lips.
7. Most elderly people have a certain degree of tinnitus, which is mostly high-profile. It only appears in the dead of night, but it will gradually worsen and continue throughout the day. Therefore, if these phenomena occur in the elderly in the family, family members should be vigilant and seek medical treatment in time to avoid delays in treatment due to aggravation of the disease.