It’s a convenient and quick choice for most people to say that taking a long-distance flight, but many hearing aid users don’t know much about whether they can wear hearing aids when flying.
In the process of aircraft moving smoothly, the current data do not show that wearing hearing aids has adverse effects. Hearing aids can be brought on the plane, but it is recommended not to wear them during the flight.
At present, the aviation industry has no restrictions on the placement of organs or auxiliary medical products. Generally speaking, the impact of flying on the ears is mainly due to the sharp change of air pressure when the aircraft is rising and falling, resulting in negative pressure in the middle ear cavity. If the pressure on both sides of the tympanic membrane is not balanced in time, it may cause aero otitis media.
Symptoms of aero otitis media:
It includes blockage, tinnitus, earache, hearing loss, vertigo, etc. The severity of the examination varies, which can be manifested as congestion and invagination of the tympanic membrane, effusion of the tympanic cavity (thin golden serous secretion) or hematocele of the tympanic cavity (rupture of blood vessels in the mucous membrane, and fresh blood in the tympanic cavity), or rupture of the tympanic membrane in severe cases.
Therefore, it is recommended not to wear a hearing aid when the aircraft is going up and down to avoid the pressure changes inside and outside the eardrum caused by the blockage of the external auditory canal. On the other hand, even for passengers without hearing aids, they should chew gum, do swallowing, and even pinch nose and air to keep the pressure balance inside and outside the middle ear and avoid ear pressure injury.
For infants within six months, because the eustachian tube has not yet formed, it is more likely to cause middle ear negative pressure. Generally, it is not recommended to take an airplane. If it is necessary to take an airplane, you can give a bottle to suck when the airplane rises and falls, so as to keep the eustachian tube open frequently, so as to maintain the pressure balance inside and outside the tympanic membrane.
Both adults and children are likely to have aero otitis media while flying. In the case of colds and inflammation of eustachian tube, this kind of injury is more likely to occur. Many hearing-impaired people use hearing aids, cochlear implants and other kinds of hearing aids. These devices are all metal, which can make people feel embarrassed repeatedly at the security check-in office, or delay boarding due to lack of common sense, resulting in missed flight, etc.
Here I would like to remind you of the following points:
1. When conducting security check, it is better for the hearing impaired to inform the security check personnel of their own hearing problems in time, including wearing hearing aids and other auxiliary equipment;
2. For those with serious hearing loss, if communication is not smooth, it is suggested to prepare paper and pen in advance to facilitate communication;
3. If the hearing loss is serious, the security personnel are required to communicate face to face, so that they can see their lip movements clearly, and help to understand the content of speech;
4. According to the international security inspection practice, during the security inspection, hearing impaired people do not need to remove hearing aids and other hearing aids. If the security inspection personnel insist on taking them down, it is better to explain with the person in charge on duty to avoid taking them down as much as possible, because they may be lost or damaged due to confusion;
5. Generally, X-ray machine inspection will not damage hearing aids and other equipment.
Jinghao hearing aid reminder: hearing aid wearing requires professional “matching”, so it is very important to choose a professional hearing aid matching center and a hearing aid tester! If you have any hearing problems, you can call Jinghao for consultation, or come to the matching center for experience. Hearing aid free consultation Tel.: + 86-18566295705
The article comes from the Internet. If there is any infringement, please contact email@example.com to delete it.